Desktop-as-a-Service – GPU
Owning our Network means we can define the way technology is used to supply multiple services over one connection. DaaS – GPU is no exception, it delivers a persistent windows desktop in the cloud. It supports content creation applications such as the Autodesk M&E products, V-Ray, Renderman, Adobe Creative Cloud and Nuke and supports multiple simultaneous media streams. Essentially, DaaS – GPU uses NVIDIA’s GPU™ technology that allows virtual desktop sessions to follow end-users across devices and locations, enabling mobile access and remote collaboration for project teams in multiple locations. It enables SMB’s to improve productivity and seamlessly scale to meet project demands and punch well above their IT weight. This future proof technology offers leading-edge performance and removes the requirement for costly technology refreshes.
It is designed to deliver dedicated GPU graphics and compute performance on a per Desktop or per VM basis. Along with full DirectX and OpenGL support, the solution also delivers h.264 media redirection enabling multiple simultaneous media streams. From the multi-billion dollar gaming industry, CAD applications, digital media and VFX to geo-sciences, bio-medical; DaaS – GPU brings high-resolution graphics and video to the palm of your hand.
Even mainstream productivity apps like Microsoft Office 2013 demand non-trivial GPU capabilities, like DirectX 10 compliance. The emerging influx of rich HTML5 content on the web relies on having GPU capability and high performing storage built-in to whatever device is doing the browsing – whilst delivering an exceptional user experience.
For the Visual Effects world, the launch of our DaaS – GPU solution is a ground breaking achievement. Up until now it has not been possible to offer a seamless high quality, virtual, visual experience to artists and designers. Exponential-e is the only European service provider offering a flexible, on-demand virtual GPU powered workstation.
The unique aspect of the Tom Com’s solution is that we stretch your LAN to the Cloud, which means that all desktops act as your local resource and are controlled centrally by your local IT policies. DaaS improves productivity because virtual desktop sessions follow end users across devices and locations enabling mobile access and remote collaboration for project teams and contractors in multiple locations. End users can securely and seamlessly connect to their virtual workspaces from a wide range of corporate and employee owned devices including PCs, Thin Clients, Zero Clients, Mac, Windows, Linux devices, as well as iPads, iPhones and Android tablets or phones.
DaaS – GPU Features
- A complete, persistent, Windows desktop in the Cloud.
- Desktops and applications delivered via a single platform.
- Unified workspace with great user experience.
- Centralised image management.
- Full virtual GPU Support, high-end visual graphics performance.
- Solid state Flash Storage.
- Multiple monitor support.
- Windows 7, 8.
- BYOD Support (Tablet, PC, Mac).
- Solution has the ability to burst and contract on-demand.
- Support for content creation applications such as the Autodesk M&E products, V-Ray, Renderman, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Nuke.
- Full DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4 support.
- Delivers h.264 media redirection enabling multiple simultaneous media streams.
- Delivered by secure & private Network.
DaaS – GPU Benefits
- Reduce desktop service costs by up to 30%.
- Our Cloud machines perform up to 3-4 times faster than their desktop counterparts and achieve up to 60 frames per second.
- Predictable low cost, per user, per month.
- Ensure a consistent, high quality user experience.
- Guarantee a seamless & consistent desktop service.
- Centralised IT Security Policy control.
- Facilitates flexible work practises.
- Lower energy consumption and costs.
- Asset & Information Security.
- Future proof technology strategy reducing the need for hardware and software refreshes.
- End to End SLA.